Everything You Need to Know About Daily Masturbation
on Apr 10, 2019
Like with all aspects of sex, there are many weird and wonderful myths surrounding masturbation.
Whether it's the potentially plausible (upsetting your natural sex drive) or the downright odd (hello, hairy palms!), everyone's got a view on frequent fapping.
But when you think about it, solo sex is actually one of the safest kinds of sex. There are no worries about contraception, and who knows more about what you like than, well, you?
Read on for many of the things that are commonly believed about frequent masturbation, and whether they are true or not.
What A Daily Solo Session Could Do for You
For those of you that enjoy frequent 'alone time', here's a list of benefits you're undoubtedly reaping right now:
- Better knowledge of your own body and what you enjoy in the bedroom.
- Increased confidence and positive body image. We love self-assured Kings and Queens!
- The flood of endorphins that are released post-orgasm help promote deeper sleep – and we all need our beauty sleep.
- Whatever gender you are, masturbation is great for keeping those pelvic floor muscles toned.
- Masturbating during your period can be a source of natural pain relief.
- Masturbating reduces stress. We can't think of a better way to chill out, can you?
In the overwhelming majority of cases, the answer is no, it is not dangerous to masturbate every day. Having such a strong connection with your own body is amazing, it shouldn't be a source of fear or shame.
If you're looking to switch up your routine, why not check out some of our informative Sex Toy Guides?
What Daily Masturbation Won't Do
It's safe to say that masturbation won't:
- Affect your eyesight or make you go completely blind
- Give you hairy palms
- Make you infertile
- Cause acne
- Make you 'perverted'
- Cause your penis to shrink
- Turn women 'hysterical' or cause mental illness
- Make you gay
All the above statements are myths. That last one is a hoot. Wanking doesn't change the gender you fancy – that part of you is already pre-programmed, baby!
Is Masturbating Every Day Ok?
By masturbating, you're taking control of your own sexuality and that's brilliant.
If you masturbate every day and you don't notice any downsides (such as physical pain, not wanting to do anything but masturbate, or a decline in your partnered sexual performance), then everything sounds good to us!
It's really all about you feeling happy and healthy.
Some people don't particularly enjoy masturbating, or just naturally have a low sex drive.
On the other hand (pun intended), some people can't get enough of masturbating and love engaging in a bit of sexual self-care. You do you!
Audrey Andrews is a student blogger for Lovehoney. In her spare time she loves to do craft, but would not advise knitting your own condoms.
You may also like: